I’m really excited about today’s post. We have a guest post brought to us from Jen of The Yellow Brick Cottage. She is showing us something that she hasn’t even shown on HER blog yet! Do you feel special? You should. Jen is hilarious. You need to start reading her blog. She’s incredibly honest and un-sugarcoated. She knows how to turn a salmonella-carrying reptile into a Ninja Turtle, which is a cooler thing than lemons into lemonade.
All posts in Re-purposing Furniture
BURLAP, HOT GLUE, & MAGIC
Once upon a time, all I could think about was finding the perfect accent chair for the corner of our basement. In my bouji head, all that would suffice was a Restoration Hardware Versailles chair. Aaron stopped me from taking out a personal loan in the amount of $2395, so the Versailles wasn’t an option. I had to keep my eyes open for something quirky, industrial, with good “bones” for an ambush makeover. One day, whilst on a friends shopping trip, we made a stop at the thrift store. And as I was wandering the aisles, there it was. A tiki chair. And it spoke to me. Actually, it screamed at me. ”TAKE ME HOME AND MAKE MAGIC TO ME!” I went Fairy Godmother all over that Cinderella chair. Here is the tale:
Tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki chair, next to RH Versailles chair.
An evaluation of Rust-oleum Spray Paint, Valspar Spray Paint, and Upholstery Fabric Spray Paint, and a list of spray paint project ideas.
Spray Paint a Chandelier
Hello! This is a fun post of before and after pictures, and little tips on how to treasure hunt at thrift stores and turn it into a chic design.
This is the house me and my husband are renting. We can’t do too much to it, because it’s a rental. Sorry some of the pictures are horrible, they came from my cell phone, long ago, when a blog was not in my mind. Here we go!
How to Make an Ottoman Bench in 5 Steps
Total Time: 3 1/2 hrs.
Total Cost: Just under $50
I really wanted a bench with a cushion to go at the end on our bed. Something comfy we could sit on while we put our shoes on. I looked online for AGES, but all I found were really generic things that didn’t really match my taste or decor. So as always the solution was: DIY. I didn’t use any pattern to sew the cushion cover, so it got a little tricky at times, but totally doable. Here is the end product.